Health & Safety Statement – For COVID purposes
Coping with COVID-19 at MaMere’s Guest House
Thank you for choosing to stay at a small, independent B&B during these uncertain times. We wanted to let you know all of the things we are doing, out of an abundance of caution, to ensure you can relax and feel safe throughout your stay.
- All of our staff sign off daily to ensure they have no symptoms (such as fever or loss of smell) before entering the B&B. If they are sick, we guarantee they will not be working, BUT will still be paid.
- Staff will be wearing masks when at the B&B. We also require (and it is a state mandate) that guests wear masks in common spaces indoors and outside if they are unable to socially distance. You may remove your masks when at the dining room table to enjoy breakfast.
- We have instated a 24-hour buffer between guests in each room to give our staff time to air it out and deep clean after every single guest.
- Only CDC recommended cleaning products are being used.
- Keys are sanitized between each guest.
- Signage has been put out to remind all guests about the importance of social distancing.
- We will NOT be providing daily room cleanings, unless you request it.
- All magazines/brochures and other “high touch” amenities have been removed from individual rooms, but we are happy to provide you these upon request.
- Sanitizer is available in every room of MaMere’s Guest House.
- In the common areas, sanitizing takes place twice a day.
- When at all possible, self-check-in is encouraged to limit interaction.
- We are currently waiving our cancellation policy for the foreseeable future.
- If you grab a book, DVD, or game from the study – please just leave it in your room when you leave and we will ensure it is sanitized for future guests.
- For breakfast, we have discontinued family style meals. All meals will now be plated and you are guaranteed to be socially distanced from other groups during breakfast. Fortunately, for the summer at least, most of our breakfasts are served outside if the weather permits.
- If the weather is nice, we encourage you to enjoy our back courtyard for some fresh air to aid in social distancing!
We are learning as we go, bear with us as we recalibrate to the evolving situation. If you are sick or having symptoms, please come visit us another time.